Research at WCM-Q focuses on basic, translational and clinical biomedical research, utilizing world-class core facilities to target the health needs of Qatar and the region. The primary focus of our research faculty includes conditions like diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, associated cardiovascular complications and neurogenic abnormalities
The Biomedical Research Training Program for Qatari Nationals is a six-month training program for recent university graduates who are interested in pursuing careers in biomedical research-related fields. It offers a great experience to participants who seek to be actively involved in biomedical research projects in a challenging and rewarding environment. The training program consists of:
A. Applied internship
Applied training can be either:
- Wet lab science, which includes a variety of hands-on techniques for students interested in a bench science;
- Clinical research, learning the process of patient recruiting, developing protocols and designing studies; or
- Research administration training for those who have no laboratory background where they can learn the different aspects of managing a research office.
B. Training in data analysis, clinical research, and research administration
- Data analysis includes learning the basics of different statistical study designs used in biomedical research, the use of descriptive statistics, production and interpretation of graphs, and statistical analysis.
- Clinical research covers a variety of topics including: sample repositories, patient recruiting, translational support, and patient registries.
- Research administration explores the areas of lab management, grants administration, research accounting, research integrity, and environmental health and safety.
C. Introduction to writing and communication skills for research scientists
Introduces students to academic writing and offers a guidance on writing scientific articles and grant proposals. More Information
Please register if you would like to be notified when applications become available.
Applicants for the program need not have a degree in biology or a biology-related field, but must have an interest in research. We are very interested in graduates with degrees and/or experience in statistics, computer science, and epidemiology. If you have a recent college degree and an interest in biomedical research then we encourage you to apply!
The Biomedical Research Training Program runs annually from January through July.
All required documents must be submitted in English
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Interest in biomedical research or working in a research environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Recent college graduates
- Previous experience performing or supporting research (not necessarily biomedical research)
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit:
- Copy of your passport
- Latest college transcript
- One professional letter of recommendation (from a current/former employer or supervisor at a volunteer experience)
- One academic letter of recommendation (from a university professor)
Click here for FAQ
After evaluation of the applications, selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please feel free to contact us for more information on the email: email@example.com. You can also follow this link for directions to WCM-Q: https://goo.gl/maps/SWz1X