The Office of Educational Development (OED) oversees the cross-functional areas of program evaluation, assessment, and continuous quality improvement. Working with the medical education leadership, OED promotes improvements in the delivery of the medical curriculum and supports the curriculum committees in evaluating educational outcomes.
Oversees and reviews all programmatic evaluation and educational assessment activities and collaborates with faculty and staff to improve these activities.
- Gathering feedback from faculty, staff, and students for continuous quality improvement
- Disseminating lessons learned through regular review of evaluation and assessment data
- Developing tools for evaluating various program outcomes
- Providing ongoing administrative support for evaluation and assessment activities
- Developing and promoting standard operating procedures for curriculum evaluation
- Assisting curriculum committees with educational measurement and evaluation
- Providing psychometric expertise for test construction and academic research
- Monitoring the alignment of accreditation standards with learners’ assessment and evaluation
For further information, please contact us at OED@qatar-med.cornell.edu