WCM has implemented a new COVID-19 Surveillance Testing Program and a new policy that will take effect immediately and will apply to all WCM-Q students rotating in the NY campus.
The COVID-19 Surveillance Testing program is an important initiative designed to keep you, your classmates, and the faculty, staff, and patients you encounter, safe. We are certain that you understand the importance of such a program and are very grateful to all of you for complying with the policy by either testing on time or for arranging in advance for an exemption or exception.
This policy is in addition the COVID bi-weekly screener and the increasing levels of campus wide vaccination. We are most grateful for your continued adherence to social distancing, wearing of face masks and handwashing. All important ways to keep everyone safe.
NEW Compliance Policy (to Take Effect Immediately)
You are expected to get your COVID-19 screening test on schedule UNLESS you have specifically requested and received either an "Exemption" or "Exception." If you are uncertain about how to request an exemption or exception, please go to the COVID-19 Surveillance Testing Program website on WCM Central---FAQs section "Travel, Exceptions, Exemptions" section. Student Surveillance Testing Program
- If you forget to schedule a test on your assigned day OR miss a test on your assigned day, you should log in to Daily Check and follow the prompts to schedule a make-up test as soon as possible.
- Please note that if you miss your test, you ALSO will receive an automated email message the day after the test was expected to remind you to make up the missed test. Tests should be completed within 3 days of the missed appointment.
- If you get an automated reminder message that you believe is in error because you have a received a Bonafide exemption or exception, you may contact the program team at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that your exemption has been processed accordingly. If you used the link provided in the blue banner of Daily Check to schedule your test and have completed your test, and still receive an automated reminder, do not worry. It may take a few hours for the systems to recognize your completed test.
- If you do NOT make up the missed test within the three-day period, you will be placed on a "Noncompliance List," which is then forwarded to the Office of Academic Affairs in NY and the office of Student Affairs in Qatar
- Students who are on the Noncompliance List will receive ONE email warning about their noncompliance.
- Students who are placed on the noncompliance list a second time, at any time in the future, will receive a Professionalism Assessment Form (PAF) , which will become part of their official academic record.
- Subsequent listings on the noncompliance list will result in automatic PAFS without additional warnings.
- Please note : PAFs, once issued, cannot be "undone" by citing exemptions or exceptions "after the fact."