The Division of Continuing Professional Development's (CPD) mission aims to promote educational endeavors, which extend beyond the undergraduate program and align with the mission of Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar. To this end, the mission of this division is to:
- Provide high-quality professional development opportunities for physicians and other healthcare professionals based on identified needs and the latest scientific and medical developments that will lead to the improved health care of patients;
- Offer physicians and other healthcare professionals the opportunity to attain credits toward medical licensing requirements locally and internationally;
- Develop and disseminate best evidence-based practice and health education research.
- Create opportunities for physicians and other healthcare professionals to develop a community of practice to interact with one another personally and professionally.
To promote educational endeavors which extend beyond the undergraduate program
and align with the mission of Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar.
Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar's CPD program delivers educational activities based on identified practice gaps, educational needs and the learning preferences of the audience.
- Regularly scheduled series;
- Conferences, live courses, workshops; and
- Other innovative and interactive activity formats (e.g. blended learning).
Participants in Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar CPD activities will include:
- Faculty members and staff of the college including affiliated hospitals and health care centers;
- Physicians and healthcare professionals in the State of Qatar and the region; and
- Alumni and current students of Weill Cornell Medicine–Qatar.
Our Expected Results
The division is dedicated to developing activities that are expected to improve the knowledge, competence and/or performance of physicians and other healthcare practitioners, thereby improving patient outcomes.
The impact of WCM-Q’s CME initiatives is evaluated by measuring changes in knowledge and competence, and when applicable changes in performance.
All activities of WCM-Q’s Division of Continuing Professional Development are guided by the college’s commitment to achieving excellence in education, patient care and research.
Our guiding principle is that ‘embracing lifelong learning’ is key to the continual improvement of patient care and healthcare outcomes in Qatar and the region.