Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q) was established in 2001 as a partnership between Cornell University and Qatar Foundation. It is part of Cornell University, the first American institution to offer its MD degree overseas.
Why CPD at WCM-Q?
The Division of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at WCM-Q provides high-quality continuing medical education (CME)/continuing professional development opportunities for physicians and other healthcare professionals.
All CPD activities are designed to increase competence, enhance performance in practice and improve healthcare outcomes for patients.
WCM-Q is accredited as a provider of continuing medical education locally by the Department of Healthcare Professions (DHP), formerly Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners (QCHP) of the Ministry of Public Health and internationally by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). In 2018, WCM-Q became the first institution outside the US to be awarded ACCME accreditation with commendation.
Key features of CPD at WCM-Q:
- Wide variety of high-quality CME/CPD activities
- Activities by world-class healthcare professionals
- Accredited locally and internationally
- Promotes latest evidence-based best practices
- Global network of healthcare experts
- Committed to “embracing lifelong learning"