- All supporting documents should be submitted in advance of the suggested target date for application completion. To receive full consideration, your application and all supporting documents should be received by March 1.
- Questions about financial aid should be directed to Qatar Foundation. You may complete the Financial Aid Application Form directly from Qatar Foundation. You should submit this aid form even before your Six-Year Medical Program decision is known. Qatar Foundation will thus be able to perform a needs analysis so that a more efficient determination of aid may be made if and when you are accepted.
You are required to submit results of either the SAT Reasoning Test or the ACT. It is highly recommended that you also submit scores of SAT subject tests in mathematics (level II) and two sciences. Subject tests are independent of any particular textbook or method of instruction, thus allowing you to demonstrate your strength in relevant subjects in comparison with students who have attended different schools and systems worldwide.
You must take tests early enough to allow submission of scores prior to March 1, the deadline for application completion. We urge you to plan your test calendar well in advance because you must register for each test about one month before the test date, and it generally takes four to six weeks after the test for scores to be reported.
Follow the links below to plan your test dates and registration.
SAT Reasoning Test & Subject Tests
HBKU ACT Residual Testing Program
If you are residing in Qatar and are unable to take the SAT or ACT as described, we can offer you an option to take the ACT Residual Test at Education City in Doha on the following dates:
|ACT-R Exam Date
|Saturday, November 9, 2019
||Tuesday, October 29, 2019
|Saturday, December 21, 2019
||Tuesday, December 10, 2019
|Saturday, January 11, 2020
||Tuesday, December 31, 2019
|Saturday, February 22, 2020*
||Wednesday, February 12, 2020
* If you decide to register for the ACT Residual Test scheduled on February 22, 2020, please note that the scores for this test may not be available before the deadline for required documents of March 1, 2020.
If you register for the ACT Residual Test at Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar, the test score report will be delivered to Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar only.
Please contact the WCM-Q Admissions Office for details on how to register.
To register for the ACT Residual, please bring the following items:
- Clear copy of your passport OR Qatari ID
- Registration fee (QAR 400) in cash. Please bring exact change.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you choose to take the ACT Residual Test more than once, there must be a 60-day gap between your two test dates. For example, if you take the ACT Residual exam on November 9, 2019, the next ACT Residual exam you can take is January 11, 2020 (provided that there are available exam seats).