What are Shared Values?
Shared Values are explicit or implicit fundamental beliefs, concepts, and principles that underlie the culture of an organization. These values guide decisions and behaviours of the employees and management.
Shared Values are what link an organization together. Shared Values are also the identity by which an organization is known throughout its business area.
What does that mean for WCMC-Q and for each of us?
WCMC and WCMC-Q have adopted a set of Shared Values that aims to meet this definition. Going forward, during the annual appraisal process, all staff will be appraised against each of these seven values.
- We are guided by our goals of excellence in medical and scientific education, health care delivery and biomedical research.
- We have professional commitment and loyalty to our organization.
- We are forward thinking and are flexible and adaptive to the changes in our environment.
- We embrace change, and use it to our advantage.
- We are committed to doing what is right, even if it is not easy.
- We are ethical in all our business dealings
- We seek continuous improvement and always strive for superior performance.
- We strive to advance the reputation of WCMC/WCMC-Q as the leader in the field, and are committed to upholding standards of excellence that support our reputation.
- We are committed to serving the needs and preferences of our students, faculty, staff, and patients.
- We strive to exceed the expectations of our customers with every interaction.
- We measure our individual success by the success of our overall work group.
- We are committed to demonstrating courtesy, kindness and respect to our co-workers.
- We take ownership of our work and maintain the highest personal standards.
- We are results-oriented and evidence-based in our approach.