header banner

Need Help?

Help for Faculty


Pre-medical Curriculum

Change of Grade Form  

Grades may only be changed in two circumstances:

  1. An instructor made an error when assigning the original grade.
  2. A grade is assigned to coursework that was incomplete when submitted and which has subsequently been completed.

In these circumstances, a Change of Grade Form  should be completed and signed by the instructor, then submitted to the Office of the Registrar. The registrar will then amend the student’s record to reflect the change and issue the student a revised grade report.

In the event that a grade change results in a change of student status - for example, if the student’s GPA falls below 2.0 - then the registrar will refer the matter to the chairperson of the Promotion and Graduation Committee for committee review.

Please note that FERPA applies when dealing with confidential student information. For more information on FERPA visit

Medical Program

Change of Grade Form

Grades may only be changed in three circumstances:

  1. An instructor made an error when assigning the original grade.
  2. A grade is assigned to coursework that was incomplete when submitted and which has subsequently been completed.
  3. A final grade is assigned to a previously marginal grade. 

In these circumstances, a Change of Grade Form should be completed and signed by the instructor, then submitted to the Office of the Registrar. The registrar will amend the student’s record to reflect the change.

* For the grading policy please refer to the Student Handbook

Help for Medical Curriculum Students

Add/Drop Clerkship

To change the times of your clerkship assigned by your track complete the following steps:

  • Consult with advisors in the Division of Student Affairs
  • Complete the Add/Drop Clerkship form
  • Obtain appropriate signature(s)
  • Submit approved Add/Drop Clerkship Form to the Office of the Registrar

Independent Elective Request Form 

Independent elective evaluations are customized on-campus electives that are proposed by students and require sponsorship from WCM or WCM-Q faculty. Examples of independent electives may include:

  • Lengthening or shortening the duration of an existing elective. For example, RADI.8104.01.NYP – Introduction to Clinical Imaging is a 4-week elective. If you receive permission from the sponsor to shorten it to two weeks (minimum) or to increase a 2-week elective to 4 weeks, you would be creating an independent elective.
  • Independent research, which must be approved by a sponsor.
  • Working with a Weill Cornell sponsor on an elective topic that is not represented in the existing Electives Course Catalog.

Once you have acquired a sponsor for your desired independent elective, obtain signatures on an Independent Elective application form from both your sponsor and the assistant dean for clinical curriculum. Provide a brief, descriptive title for your desired elective, using the style of wording that would come to the left of the colon if you were giving your course a journal-style title. The signed form must be on file with the registrar 30 days before you begin your independent experience. 

It is your responsibility to complete the top section of the Elective Evaluation form and to deliver it to your sponsor. Return it to the Office of the Registrar upon the completion of your experience.

International Elective Request Form  

In addition to the electives offered at WCM and Hamad Medical Corporation in Qatar, you can also select other electives. International electives must be selected in consultation with the assistant dean for clinical curriculum and the associate dean for student affairs.

Once you have decided on where you would like to rotate, access the visiting student section of that institution’s website. You are responsible for following the application guidelines for the international institution and for submitting to the Office of the Registrar all paperwork required by both the international institution and WCM-Q. At minimum, expect to do the following for every international elective you apply for:

  • Download/upload the international institution’s application, health form(s), etc.
  • Print out the International Elective form. The form must be signed by you and the assistant dean for clinical curriculum and the associate dean for student affairs. Your application cannot be processed until you submit the completed form.
  • Complete your section of the international application and hand deliver the application, along with your International Elective form to the Office of the Registrar for processing.

PLEASE BE SURE TO TAKE AN ELECTIVE EVALUATION FORM WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO ABROAD! If you are approved to participate in an international elective, you must take an Elective Evaluation Form with you. Present the form to your supervisor at the start of your experience. Then ask him or her to complete the form as soon as you have completed the elective, and to return it to you in a sealed envelope with his/her signature across the seal, so that you can bring it back with you when you return to WCM-Q.

New York Eligibility

As provided by the law in New York State, a medical curriculum student is considered to be in the practice of medicine when performing clinical clerkships or a similar function in a hospital. Teaching hospitals that have a formal affiliation agreement with Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar which have been approved by the State Education Department and only in those clinical fields in which the hospital has an ACGME or AOA accredited residency program. 

As a medical curriculum student, and if you are seeking to engage in clerkships , you must secure a letter of eligibility from the Department of State Education and on the basis of having received a satisfactory score on USMLE, Step 1. For the form to apply and more information click here

Help for Foundation and Pre-medical Curriculum Students

Course Withdrawal

Cross Registration  

Cross-registration provides students with an opportunity to expand their academic experience by registering for courses at other Education City campuses that include: Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar; Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar; Northwestern University in Qatar; Texas A&M University at Qatar; and Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar. Students who are cross-registered are subject to the academic regulations of the host campus.


Please refer to the Student Handbook. It is the student’s responsibility to comply with registration policies and deadlines.

Common Services

Withdrawal from WCM-Q

If a student decides to withdraw from Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q), with no intention of returning, or when a student is graduating from our program, then students must complete the Exit Process documenting that they have cleared all financial or personal obligations to Qatar Foundation and Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar. Otherwise they will not receive their official transcript and the Office of Registrar will not support future education and career applications.

The Exit Process:

Students must contact each department mentioned in the Contacts and Process for Exit Checklist Document and request an email message confirming the verification statement corresponding to that department.

Once received from all, student must send a single message titled “Exit Form” to: registrar@qatar-med.cornell.edu and attach all email messages received from each individual in that single message, i.e. 9 attachment messages.  

For the Foundation Program and the Premedical Curriculum, after the beginning of the seventh (7th) week, the notation "W" will be entered for the courses in which a student is registered.

It is the student’s responsibility to contact the following offices prior to leaving to find out about possible implications of doing so:

  • If you are a scholarship receiver, contact your scholarship provider.
  • If you are receiving QF Financial Aid: Email fao@qf.org.qa. 
  • If you live in Qatar Foundation Housing: 

Any outstanding financial obligations or failure to return WCM-Q property will result in a HOLD being placed on the student's academic records.

Enrollment Verification

To request an enrollment verification letter,  submit your request here.

Transcript Release

To order an official transcript, submit your request here.

Emergency Contact

The Office of the Registrar will only use the information you provide in the event of an emergency.

Change of Name

All official academic records must reflect the name on your passport. If your name changes, complete a Change of Name form and submit it along with a copy of your passport to the Office of the Registrar.

Consent and Release

The Office of the Registrar may receive a request for information contained in a student’s academic record from a third party, such as parents, an embassy, or an educational establishment. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is designed to protect the privacy of a student’s educational records. The Office of the Registrar may not release this information without the student’s written consent. Please complete the Consent and Release form if you would like to release your academic records to a third party. Return the completed and signed form to the Office of the Registrar. You may revoke the Consent and Release form  at any time by notifying the Office of the Registrar in writing.

Leave of Absence

Please refer to the Leave of Absence policy under the Attendance Standards in the Student Handbook