Courses at other Education City schools are available for students registered at Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q).
WCM-Q students may enroll in classes at other Education City schools providing:
- They are a second-year college student
- There is space available in the class
- They have received approval from their academic counselor
- They have received approval from the WCM-Q registrar.
Applying for a cross-registration class
- Complete the Education City cross-registration form. This is the only form that will be accepted and it must be completed online and printed off for appropriate signatures. Old/handwritten forms will not be accepted. In addition, you must submit a copy of your passport with the cross-registration request form. Forms will not be accepted if they are incomplete in any way.
- Registration at the university in which you plan to enroll is on a first-come, first-served basis. Once your form has been processed by the WCM-Q registrar, you will then need to take the form to the host university to be registered for the course.
- The host university will advise you if your application is successful.
- Once your cross-registration course enrollment is confirmed by the host university, you must submit the course information to the WCM-Q registrar.
Reminder: By enrolling at another university in Education City, you are agreeing to follow their university rules and policies, which includes attending classes even if WCM-Q is closed. Not all universities follow the same academic calendar and you must adhere to the requirements of the host university.
Spring 2021 cross-registration course listings
Below you will find information on the courses available for cross-registration offered by other universities in Education City for the Spring 2020 term. All courses are subject to space availability and pre-requisites being met.
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q):
- Course schedule.
- A list of courses open to
cross-registration can be found here.
- Students wishing to take an
ARABxxx or FRENxxx course MUST take a language placement test - no
exceptions. The test is usually held only for
the Spring semester on the first day of classes. Students should
contact GU-Q about the placement test timing
- We will begin receiving the
cross-registration forms for Spring 2021 from education city
students via email to the
Associate Registrar at GU-Q from December
. The forms should be complete
with a copy of passport and sent with the attachments in a single
email. Please see the instructions above for completing and
signing a pdf form.
- Incomplete forms will be
returned to the student.
- The last day to receive
cross-registration forms for Spring 2021 will be Jan 12, 2021.
- Classes start on Jan 10, 2021.
- Registration is dependent on
seats being available in the required course (including language courses).
- Students will be given a GU-Q student
ID card for access to the building and Library. This must be returned by
the end of the semester, in order for your transcript to be issued.
Students must complete the clearance form that can be found
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMU-Q):
- Spring 2021 Courses
- Student to email the completed cross registration application form with a copy of the passport. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CMU-Q will start accepting cross registration forms for Spring 2021 from November 29 until January 7, 2021.
- Classes start on Sunday January 17, 2021.
Northwestern University in Qatar (NU-Q):
- Spring 2021 Courses
- Please submit Spring 2021 cross-registration forms with a copy of the passport as an attachment and send in one email. Forms should be sent by Jan 12, 2021 to the NU-Q student records email address: email@example.com
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the student and the home registrar will also be notified.
Texas A&M University at Qatar (TAMU-Q):
- The schedule of classes
offered can be viewed at
Class Schedule . From the drop down menu please ensure to select “Spring 2021 –
- We will begin accepting
cross-registration forms via email from November 29 until December 31, at 4:00
- Student to email the
digitally signed and approved cross registration application form with a copy
of the passport to
- TAMU-Q requires for students to submit both the education city
cross-registration application form, and an online application form found
Classes start on Sunday January 10, 2021.
Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar (VCUarts Qatar):
- Please check the column 'Open to Registration' on the course
schedule. Only courses marked with 'Yes' in this column are open to
cross registration. The course schedule is available from your home university
registrar and remains subject to change.
forms are accepted starting Tuesday, December 1, 2020 until Thursday, December
17, 2020, 3:00PM
for cross registration will commence on Tuesday, December 8, 2020.
cross registration forms, including requisite electronic approval signatures,
must be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration (Department of
Enrollment and Registration Services) by email to the
at firstname.lastname@example.org) at VCUarts Qatar.
Cross registration forms which are not completed in full, missing requisite
signatures, or missing the passport copy will not be accepted or processed.
formalities regarding cross registration of EC students at VCUarts Qatar are handled
exclusively by the Office of Records and Registration.
start on Tuesday, January 5, 2021.
instruction modes (= in-person; on zoom/synchronous; online/asynchronous; etc.
are indicated on the Course Schedule. Regardless of instructional mode, all
courses can be taken remotely (zoom) at the discretion of the student.
for courses is conditional on the availability of seats.
wishing to take an ARBC courses must complete a language placement test - no
exceptions. The test is usually held only for the Fall semester, during new
student orientation. Students should contact VCUarts Qatar 's Office of Records
and Registration for information about a placement test for Spring
who can be cross-registered in their preferred courses at VCUarts Qatar will be
provided with a VCU-ID number as well as a VCU email address. Students
must activate their VCU email. The VCU email is used for all official
communications by the university, including by instructors.
Qatar’s Office of Records and Registration will notify students as to whether
or not a student has been granted a seat in cross-registration status in the
course(s) of interest.
that VCUarts Qatar complies with FERPA (US federal law) and the Virginia Code
(Virginia state law) as it regards students' right to privacy of their
educational records and contact information.
Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q):
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, course schedules are subject to change. None of these courses are delivered completely online. If you are interested in cross-registering at WCM-Q, please contact Dr. James Roach email@example.com. He will be happy to answer any of your questions regarding scheduling issues.