Courses at other Education City schools are available for students registered at Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q).
WCM-Q students may enroll in classes at other Education City schools providing:
- They are a second-year college student
- There is space available in the class
- They have received approval from their academic counselor
- They have received approval from the WCM-Q registrar.
Applying for a cross-registration class
- Complete the Education City cross-registration form. This is the only form that will be accepted and it must be completed online and printed off for appropriate signatures. Old/handwritten forms will not be accepted. In addition, you must submit a copy of your passport with the cross-registration request form. Forms will not be accepted if they are incomplete in any way.
- Registration at the university in which you plan to enroll is on a first-come, first-served basis. Once your form has been processed by the WCM-Q registrar, you will then need to take the form to the host university to be registered for the course.
- The host university will advise you if your application is successful.
- Once your cross-registration course enrollment is confirmed by the host university, you must submit the course information to the WCM-Q registrar.
Reminder: By enrolling at another university in Education City, you are agreeing to follow their university rules and policies, which includes attending classes even if WCM-Q is closed. Not all universities follow the same academic calendar and you must adhere to the requirements of the host university.
Spring 2022 cross-registration course listings
Below you will find information on the courses available for cross-registration offered by other universities in Education City for the Spring 2022 term. All courses are subject to space availability and pre-requisites being met.
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q):
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMU-Q):
Northwestern University in Qatar (NU-Q):
Texas A&M University at Qatar (TAMU-Q):
Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar (VCUarts Qatar):
- Course Schedule. Please check the column "Open to Cross Registration" on the Course Schedule. Only courses marked with "Yes" in this column are open to Cross Registration. The Course Schedule is available from your Home University Registrar and remains subject to change.
- Cross-Registration Forms are accepted starting Tuesday, December 1, 2021 until Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 3:00PM
- A Math Placement Test is required for registration in MATH or STAT courses (other than MATH 001). The test is usually held only for the Fall semester, generally in early August.
- An Arabic Placement Test is required for registration in ARBC courses. The test is usually held only for the Fall semester, generally in early August.
- Registration for Cross Registration will commence on Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
- Completed Cross Registration forms, including requisite approval signatures, must be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration (Department of Enrollment and Registration Services) by email to the Senior Registration Officer at email@example.com) at VCUarts Qatar. Cross Registration forms which are not completed in full, missing requisite signatures, or missing the passport copy will not be accepted or processed.
- All formalities re Cross Registration of EC students at VCUarts Qatar are handled exclusively by the Department of Enrollment and Registration Services.
- Classes start on Tuesday, January 5, 2022.
- Course instruction mode is expected to be in-person/in-classroom unless otherwise noted on the Course Schedule, and will comply with MoPH COVID-requirements and Qatar law..
- Registration for courses is conditional on the availability of seats.
- Students who can be cross-registered in their preferred courses at VCUarts Qatar will be provided with a VCU-ID number as well as a VCU email address. Students must activate their VCU email. The VCU email is used for all official communications by the university, including by instructors.
- VCUarts Qatar’s Office of Records and Registration will notify students as to whether or not a student has been granted a seat in cross-registration status in the course(s) of interest.
- Note that VCUarts Qatar complies with FERPA (US federal law) and the Virginia Code (Virginia state law) as it regards students' right to privacy of their educational records and contact information.
Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q):
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, course schedules are subject to change. None of these courses are delivered completely online. If you are interested in cross-registering at WCM-Q, please contact Dr. James Roach firstname.lastname@example.org. He will be happy to answer any of your questions regarding scheduling issues.