Courses at other Education City schools are available for students registered at Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q).
WCM-Q students may enroll in classes at other Education City schools providing:
- They are a second-year college student at WCMQ
- There is space available in the class at the Host University
- They meet the course prerequisites for the course of intent
- They have completed the Cross-Registration Form
- They have received approval from their academic counselor
- They have received approval from the WCM-Q registrar (Raya Alirani).
Applying for a Cross-registration Class
- Complete the Education City cross-registration form. This is the only form that will be accepted and it must be completed online and printed off for appropriate signatures. Old/handwritten forms will not be accepted. In addition, you must submit a copy of your passport with the cross-registration request form. Forms will not be accepted if they are incomplete in any way.
- Registration at the university in which you plan to enroll is on a first-come, first-served basis. Once your form has been processed by the WCM-Q registrar, you will then need to take the form to the host university to be registered for the course.
- The host university will advise you if your application is successful.
- Once your cross-registration course enrollment is confirmed by the host university, you must submit the course information to the WCM-Q registrar.
Reminder: By enrolling at another university in Education City, you are agreeing to follow their university rules and policies, which includes attending classes even if WCM-Q is closed. Not all universities follow the same academic calendar and you must adhere to the requirements of the host university.
Cross Registration Processes and Course Listings for Summer 2023 by Institution
Below you will find information on the courses available for cross-registration offered by other universities in Education City for the Spring 2023 term. All courses are subject to space availability and pre-requisites being met.
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q):
Is not accepting applications for Cross Registration. All GUQ course sections are full, with the exception of the following:
- Advance Arabic: Students wishing to take Advanced Arabic require the approval of the GUQ professor (aka an informal language placement test – no exceptions).
- Principles of Micro Economics
Students interested in either of the above-listed courses must contact their “Home Registrar” for further follow-up with GUQ.
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMU-Q):
- Summer 2023 course schedule is available at: https://enr-apps.as.cmu.edu/open/SOC/SOCServlet/search (Teaching Location: Doha, Qatar)
Students to email the completed cross-registration with a copy of the passport to email@example.com
CMUQ will start accepting cross-registration forms for Summer 2023 from Sunday, April 2 until Thursday, May 4, 2023.
- CMUQ will start its Summer term on Tuesday, May 16, 2023.
- Summer offerings include Information Systems Courses, psychology, ecology, etc.
Note that CMUQ’s courses are delineated by “units”. Generally, a “9 units”-course at CMUQ is equivalent to 3 credit hours at VCUQ.
Northwestern University in Qatar (NU-Q):
- Summer 2023 Course Schedule is available at: https://my.qatar.northwestern.edu/academic-resources/courses/courses-offered/index.html.
- Check the timetable and choose only from courses indicated as “Open to Cross Registration” on the timetable.
- NUQ will start accepting cross-registration applications depending on seat availability on Sunday, 23rd April 2023.
- Cross-Registration forms will be accepted only if seats are available in the requested course.
- Deadline to submit cross-registration applications is 12 pm on Monday, May 8, 2023, 12:00pm.
- Cross Registration Forms must be submitted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the student.
- First day of Classes: Sunday, May 21, 2023.
Texas A&M University at Qatar (TAMUQ):
- The schedule of classes offered can be viewed online here beginning Sunday, April 9, 2023. Please remember to select "Summer 2023 – Qatar" from the drop-down menu.
- Summer classes begin Sunday, May 21, 2023 and end Monday, July 17, 2023. Summer classes will likely include a variety of math, science (e.g. chemistry, physics), and humanities/social science (e.g. history, politics, psychology, film, etc.) courses.
- TAMUQ’s online application for cross-registration will open Sunday, April 9, 2023 for Education City students.
- The deadline for submitting cross-registration applications is Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
- To apply for cross-registration, you must:
- Note that US federal law requires TAMUQ, as an engineering school, to comply with export control policies related to information and technology. Therefore, students from certain countries may be required to submit additional documentation before being permitted to register for TAMUQ courses.
Any questions about cross-registration should be directed to email@example.com.
Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar (VCUarts Qatar):
- Course Schedule. Please check the column "Open to Cross Registration" on the Course Schedule. Only courses marked with "Yes" in this column are open to Cross Registration. The Course Schedule is available from your Home University Registrar and remains subject to change.
- Cross-Registration Forms are accepted starting Sunday, April 2, 2023, until Monday, April 24, 2023, 3:00pm, for Summer Session #1 and Summer Session #3; and until Monday May 15, 2023, 3:00pm, for Summer Session #2.
- A Math Placement Test is required for registration in MATH or STAT courses (other than MATH 001). The test is usually held only for the Fall semester, generally in early August.
- An Arabic Placement Test is required for registration in ARBC courses. The test is usually held only for the Fall semester, generally in early August.
- Registration for Cross Registration will commence on Sunday, April 16, 2023.
- Completed Cross Registration forms, including requisite approval signatures, must be submitted to the VCUarts Qatar’s Department of Enrollment & Registration Services by email to Sylvia D’Souza, Senior Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cross Registration forms which are not completed in full, missing requisite signatures, or missing the passport copy will not be accepted or processed.
- All formalities re Cross Registration of EC students at VCUarts Qatar are handled exclusively by the Department of Enrollment & Registration Services.
- Summer Classes start on May 14, 2023 (3-week Session #1, and 5 week-Session #3), or on June 4, 2023. (3-week-Session #2).
- Course instruction mode is expected to be in-person/in-classroom unless otherwise noted on the Course Schedule.
- Registration for courses is conditional on the availability of seats.
- Students who can be cross-registered in their preferred courses at VCUarts Qatar will be provided with a VCU-ID number as well as a VCU email address. Students must activate their VCU email. The VCU email is used for all official communications by the university, including by instructors.
- VCUarts Qatar’s Department of Enrollment & Registration Services will notify students as to whether or not a student has been granted a seat in cross-registration status in the course(s) of interest.
- Note that VCUarts Qatar complies with FERPA (US federal law) and the Virginia Code (Virginia state law) as it regards students' right to privacy of their educational records and contact information.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU):
At this time, HBKU is not planning on a summer term. Should those plans change, then summer courses would be listed at this link.
Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q):
Is not offering courses open to Cross Registration during Summer 2023.