Courses at other Education City schools are available for students registered at Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q).
WCM-Q students may enroll in classes at other Education City schools providing:
- They are a second-year college student
- There is space available in the class
- They have received approval from their academic counselor
- They have received approval from the WCM-Q registrar.
Applying for a cross-registration class
- Complete the Education City cross-registration form. This is the only form that will be accepted and it must be completed online and printed off for appropriate signatures. Old/handwritten forms will not be accepted. In addition, you must submit a copy of your passport with the cross-registration request form. Forms will not be accepted if they are incomplete in any way.
- Registration at the university in which you plan to enroll is on a first-come, first-served basis. Once your form has been processed by the WCM-Q registrar, you will then need to take the form to the host university to be registered for the course.
- The host university will advise you if your application is successful.
- Once your cross-registration course enrollment is confirmed by the host university, you must submit the course information to the WCM-Q registrar.
Reminder: By enrolling at another university in Education City, you are agreeing to follow their university rules and policies, which includes attending classes even if WCM-Q is closed. Not all universities follow the same academic calendar and you must adhere to the requirements of the host university.
Fall 2020 cross-registration course listings
Below you will find information on the courses available for cross-registration offered by other universities in Education City for the Fall 2020 term. All courses are subject to space availability and pre-requisites being met.
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q):
- Course schedule.
- A list of courses open to cross-registration can be found here.
- Students wishing to take an ARABxxx or FRENxxx course MUST take a language placement test - no exceptions. The test is usually held only for the Fall semester on the first day of classes. Students should contact GU-Q about the placement test timing.
- We will begin receiving the cross-registration forms for Fall 2020 from your students via email to the Associate Registrar at GU-Q from Sunday, August 2, 2020. The forms should be complete with a copy of passport and sent with the attachments in a single email. Please see the instructions above for completing and signing a pdf form.
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the student.
- The last day to receive cross-registration forms for Fall 2020 will be Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 3pm.
- Classes start on Sunday, August 23, 2020.
- Registration is dependent on seats being available in the required course (including language courses).
- Students will be given a GU-Q student ID card for access to the building and library. This must be returned by the end of the semester, in order for your transcript to be issued. Students must complete the clearance form that can be found here.
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMU-Q):
- CMU-Q will start accepting applications from August 2, until August 16, 2020.
- Student to email the completed cross registration application form with a copy of the passport to firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwestern University in Qatar (NU-Q):
Texas A&M University at Qatar (TAMU-Q):
- Course schedule. From the drop down menu please ensure to select “fall 2020 – Qatar”.
- Begin accepting cross-registration forms via email from August 2 until August 20, at 4:00 pm
- TAMU-Q requires for students to submit both the education city cross-registration application form, and an online application form found at Cross-registration online application
- Student to email the digitally signed and approved cross registration application form with a copy of the passport to email@example.com
Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar (VCUarts Qatar):
- Course Schedule.
- Please check the column "Open to Registration" on the Course Schedule. Only courses marked with "X" in this column are open to Cross Registration. The Course Schedule is available from your Home University Registrar and remains subject to change.
- Cross-Registration Forms are accepted starting Sunday, August 2, 2020 until 3:00 PM Thursday, August 13, 2020.
- Registration for Cross Registration will commence on Sunday, August 2, 2020.
- Completed Cross Registration forms, including requisite electronic approval signatures, must be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration (Department of Enrollment and Registration Services) by email to the Senior Registration Officer at VCUarts Qatar. Cross Registration forms which are not completed in full, missing requisite signatures, or missing the passport copy will not be accepted or processed.
- All formalities re Cross Registration of EC students at VCUarts Qatar are handled exclusively by the Office of Records and Registration.
- Classes start on Sunday, August 23, 2020.
- Registration is conditional on the availability of seats.
- Students wishing to take an ARBC courses must complete a language placement test - no exceptions. The test is usually held only for the Fall semester, during New Student Orientation. Students should contact VCUarts Qatar's Office of Records and Registration for information about a placement test for Spring enrollment.
- Students who can be registered will be provided with a VCU-ID number as well as a VCU email address. Students must activate their VCU email. The VCU email is used for all official communications by the university, including by instructors.
- VCUarts Qatar’s Office of Records and Registration will notify students as to whether or not a student has been granted a seat in cross registration status in the course(s) of interest.
- Note that VCUarts Qatar complies with FERPA (US federal law) and the Virginia Code (Virginia state law) as it regards students' right to privacy of their educational records and contact information.
Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q):
- Fall 2020 Course schedule.
- Forms must be submitted to the Office of Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 27, 2020.
the current Covid-19 situation, course schedules will be posted on a weekly basis.
If you are interested in
cross-registering at WCMQ, please contact Dr. James Roach (
email@example.com). He will be happy to answer
any of your questions regarding scheduling issues.