As an academic medical library, the Health Sciences Library at Weill Cornell Medicine – Qatar (WCM-Q) represents a departure from the traditional academic medical library. A key defining feature is its disseminated yet interconnected services, resources, and presence that are accessible, flexible, and dynamic.
Students, faculty and staff enjoy access to a vast array of biomedical information resources by means of library “pods,” or clusters of computers, distributed throughout the WCM-Q building, and by means of wireless network, accessible via laptops and handheld devices.
Download our Informational Brochure
Why use the Health Sciences Library?
- Highest quality resources (which are not available for free on the Internet)
- Resources are organized to help you deal with information overload
- Librarians are available to help you effectively search for all kinds of information, including Internet-based information
What resources and services are available?
- Large collection of full text electronic resources (see latest collection counts)
- Selected print materials in the Reading Room
- Searchable catalogs and databases
- Recommended resources by subject or by course
- Assistance and instruction in searching for and using information effectively
- Document delivery services for quickly getting materials that are not part of our collection
How does one access Library resources and services?
- The Health Sciences Library website is the gateway to resources and services
- Explore the top and right navigation bars on our site
- Ask a librarian for a personalized introduction
- Connect to restricted electronic resources via on-campus computers or off-campus by logging in with your campus ID and password
- Visit the Reading Room to access our print collection.