Dr. Marco Ameduri was born in Italy, where he received his undergraduate training. He obtained his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Cornell University. Prior to coming to Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q), he was a Guest Scientist at the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex systems in Dresden, Germany.
Dr. Ameduri joined WCM-Q in 2002 as Lecturer in Physics, became Senior Lecturer in 2003, and was promoted to Associate Professor of Physics in 2014. In 2005, he was appointed as Assistant Dean for Premedical Education. He served as Assistant Dean for Student Affairs from 2009 through 2011, and, in June 2011, he was appointed as Associate Dean for Pre-medical Education.
Dr. Ameduri's research interests are in the field of mathematical physics. In 1996, he received the John M. and Emily B. Clark distinguished teaching award at Cornell University. In 2007, 2008, and 2009, he received the Excellence in Teaching Award in the Premedical Program. He is a member of the American Physical Society.
- L Chouchane, R Mamtani, M H Al-Thani, A M Al-Thani, M Ameduri, and J I Sheikh, Medical education and research environment in Qatar: a new epoch for translational research in the Middle East, J Transl Med, 9:16 (2011)
- M Ameduri and R A Klemm, Exact time correlation functions for N classical Heisenberg spins in the ‘squashed’ equivalent neighbour model, J Phys A–Math Gen 37, 1095 (2004) arXiv:cond-mat/0302007
- E P Nakhmedov, K Morawetz, M Ameduri, A Yurtsever, and C Radehaus, Exactly solvable model of three interacting particles in an external magnetic field, Phys Rev B 67, 205106 (2003) arXiv:cond-mat/0212559
- M Ameduri and R A Klemm, Time correlation functions of three classical Heisenberg spins on an isosceles triangle and on a chain, Phys Rev B 66, 224404 (2002) arXiv:cond-mat/0108213
- R A Klemm and M Ameduri, Exact time autocorrelation function of the N-spin classical Heisenberg equivalent neighbor model, Phys Rev B 66, 012403 (2002) arXiv:cond-mat/0112236
- M Ameduri, C J Efthimiou, and B Gerganov, On the integrability of the Bukhvostov-Lipatov model, Mod Phys Lett A 14, 2341 (1999) arXiv:hep-th/9810184
- M Ameduri and C J Efthimiou, Is the classical Bukhvostov-Lipatov model integrable? A Painlevé analysis, J Nonlinear Math Phys 5, 132 (1998) arXiv:solv-int/9701021
- M Ameduri, R Konik, and A LeClair, Boundary sine-Gordon interactions at the free fermion point, Phys Lett B 354, 376 (1995) arXiv:hep-th/9503088