WCMQ Department: Health Sciences Library
Work Days: Sunday-Thursday
Position ID: LIB-SU23-001
Hours per week: 20
Position Timeframe: June 1st, 2023 to August 17th, 2023
Number of Openings: 1
Deadline to apply: May 24th, 2023
- Assist staff with day-to-day operations of the Library Reading Room and the provision of library services.
- Required to perform basic library searches, data entry, maintain statistics and keep good order of the space.
- Assist users in a timely and courteous manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Work effectively in teams and independently with minimal supervision within a culturally diverse environment.
- Provide supervisor with feedback for continuous improvement and liaise and provide outreach with students and student groups.
- Special projects may be assigned depending on skills and capabilities
- Knowledge of online searching
- Knowledge of library resources, including books and databases
- Knowledge of alpha-numeric classification systems, Library of Congress preferred
- Knowledge of biomedical research trends and terminology preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Responsible and conscientious with attention to detail
- Physical demands associated with this position include lifting, shelving, and pushing
- Experience in customer service or library setting preferred
- Starting rate of 40 QAR per hour