Qatar Medical Explorer Program (QMEP) – Summer Session
The Medical Explorer Program offered students with a two-week experience on campus. The program took place from June 28 to July 9. The program offered:
- Career counseling and personal development workshops that allowed students to formulate a clearer picture about their interests, strengths, and areas that needed improvement
- A glimpse of how to get into college and how to prepare for college requirements. Students worked on developing a personal statement and attended practice college admissions-type interviews.
- An idea about college life with emphasis on being a college student through a series of college presentations, clinical skills workshops and problem-based learning sessions.
Pre-college Enrichment Program (PCEP) – Summer Session
PCEP aimed to introduce prospective college students to what college life is all about. The program took place from June 28 to July 9. The program offered students a two-week experience on campus that provided:
- A glimpse of what it is like to be a medical doctor through didactic thinking and problem-based learning. Students explored past, present, and future trends in medicine; discussing issues in the profession from ethics in research to public health awareness in the Gulf region.
- An opportunity to experience college life: Through different college presentations, basic science lab sessions, clinical skills workshops and problem-based learning sessions the students formulated a clearer picture about how their interests, strengths, and areas of improvement can translate to a career in medicine.
- Hands-on research experience.