Phone: (+974) 4492 8228
Dr. Renee Richer is Visiting Associate Professor in Biology in the Pre-medical Program. Dr. Richer received her B.A. degree in Biology from the University of Chicago and her Ph.D. in Biology from Harvard University, where she received the Derek Bok Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Before coming to Weill Cornell Medicine - Q (WCM-Q), Dr. Richer was Assistant Professor and Director of the Environmental Conservation and Research Center at the American University of Armenia. That work received the Whitley Award, the UK's largest conservation award.
Her current work focuses on the biological processes of the terrestrial environment and the intersection with sustainable development. Her current focus is on both plants and cyanobacteria.
- J.S. Metcalf, R. Richer, P.A. Cox and G.A. Codd. Cyanotoxins in desert environments may present a risk to human health. Sci. Total Env. 421-422: 118–123
- R. Richer, D. Anchassi, I. El-Assaad, M. El-Matbouly, F. Ali, I. Makki and J.S. Metcalf. Variation in the coverage of biological soil crusts in the State of Qatar J. Arid Env. 78: 187-190
- A.M. Castilla AM, R. Richer, A. Herrel, A. Conkey, J. Tribuna and M. Al-Thani. First evidence of scavenging behaviour in the herbivorous lizard Uromastyx aegyptia microlepis. J. Arid Env. 75: 671-673
- P.A. Cox, R. Richer, J.S. Metcalf, S.A. Banack, G.A. Codd, and W.G. Bradley. Cyanobacteria and BMAA Exposure from Desert Dust—a Possible Link to Sporadic ALS among Gulf War Veterans. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 10:S2, 109-117
- Richer, R.A. Conservation in Qatar: Impact of Increasing Industrialization. Center for International and Regional Studies, Occasional Paper Series, Georgetown University. Updated and reprinted.
- John Norton, Sara Abdul Majid, Debbie Allan, Mohammed Al Safran, Benno Böer & Renee Richer. An Illustrated Checklist of the Flora of Qatar. Browndown Publications, Gosport, UK
- Environment and Development: Policies for Our Sustainable Future. Innovative Syllabi for University Courses. Eds. N. Dronin, R. Richer, E. and Timare. Central European University Press