Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course, 2nd Edition Online Course
The American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM) is pleased to offer the Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course, 2nd Edition. This course is developed by co-authors and faculty John Kelly, MD, MPH, DipABLM and Jeni Shull, MD, MPH, DipABLM, with active feedback from an editorial Advisory Panel that includes experts in the field of Lifestyle Medicine.
- Review the pillars of evidence-based Lifestyle Medicine and how it can prevent, treat and reverse disease.
- Review evidence-based Lifestyle Medicine prescriptions and their clinical application.
- Review evidence-based Lifestyle Medicine content that will be tested on the Lifestyle Medicine Board Certification Exam.
The Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine Board Review Course, 2nd Edition is hosted online via the ACLM Learning Management System and consists of 3 main components: a board review course manual (provided in print and accessible online within the learning management system) with over 130 review questions, 13 key Lifestyle Medicine article summaries with review questions, and 6 online review lectures with corresponding review questions. Details and descriptions of the components are provided below.
Board Review Course Manual Sections and Quiz Questions (20 hours):
The Board Review Course Manual is available in printed form and online within the ACLM learning management system. The manual consists of 10 sections, an index, a Lifestyle Medicine article appendix, detailed graphics, tables and figures, and over 130 quiz questions. Each of the ten sections have corresponding quiz questions available to complete in the paper copy of the book and online via the ACLM LMS. Enrollees seeking CME/CE credits will be required to read the material and complete the quiz questions online via the LMS to receive their CME/CE Certificate. This course component will account for 20 hours. In order to receive credit, you must complete the entire course. The manual content includes the following ten(10) topic sections:
- Introduction to Lifestyle Medicine
- Fundamentals of Health Behavior Changes
- Key Clinical Processes in Lifestyle Medicine
- The Role of Physician Health and the Physician’s Personal Health
- Nutrition Science, Assessment and Prescription
- Physical Activity Science and Prescription
- Emotional and Mental Well-Being, Assessment and Interventions
- Sleep Health Science and Interventions
- Fundamentals of Tobacco Cessation and Managing Risky Alcohol Use
- The Role of Connectedness and Positive Psychology
Articles and Quiz Questions (4 hours):
The manual also includes 13 Key Lifestyle Medicine Article Summaries with 2 corresponding review questions. Enrollees seeking CME/CE credits must read the article summaries and complete the questions via the online course to receive their CME/CE Certificate. This course component will account for 4 hours.
Online Review Lectures (6 hours):
There are 6 review lectures with corresponding questions, provided by John Kelly, MD, MPH, DipABLM and Jeni Shull, MD, MPH, DipABLM. Enrollees seeking CME credits for the course will be required to complete the review lectures and corresponding questions via the online course to receive their CME/CE Certificate. This course component will account for 6 hours. Review lectures include:
- The What and the Why for Lifestyle Medicine by John Kelly, MD, MPH, DipABLM
- Health Behavior Change by Jeni Shull, MD, MPH, DipABLM
- Chronic Diseases, Insulin Resistance, Epigenetics, Sleep and Labs by John Kelly, MD, MPH, DipABLM
- Emotional Well-being, Obesity, Action and Relapse Plans by Jeni Shull, MD, MPH, DipABLM
- Nutrition and Key Lifestyle Medicine Studies by John Kelly MD, MPH, DipABLM
- Physical Activity and Implementing Lifestyle Medicine into Practice by Jeni Shull, MD, MPH, DipABLM
Source: American College of Lifestyle Medicine