The symposium aims to maximize the benefits of the educational modality through the adoption of guidelines and best practices from experts in the field. Expert facilitators from the multi-institutional Qatar Simulation Consortium were consulted to identify and steer the programming to meet the needs of the Qatar healthcare community in regards to evidence-based methods in simulation-based medical education. The symposium will provide a platform for identifying strengths and challenges and allow for participants to explore opportunities to address barriers through collaborative discussions and networking gatherings.
Key topics to be covered in the symposium:
- Assess individuals and health professions teams through simulation-based experiences.
- Explore how debriefing can be a major contributor to life-long learning.
- Overcome barriers to implementing simulation-based education into your curriculum.
- Select the most appropriate simulation modality to meet the requirements of specific learning objectives.
- Explore how human role-players can be utilized for health professions education.
- Learn about innovative simulation-based learning being conducted in Qatar.
- Examine how health professions learners view simulation-based education.
- Network and collaborate with peers.
At the end of this activity, participants will:
- Describe best practices in simulation-based education for healthcare professionals.
- Illustrate new strategies for increasing effectiveness of simulation-based education for healthcare professionals within your institution.
- Identify tools and processes to ensure effective simulation-based education for healthcare professionals.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration in simulation-based education for healthcare professions.