Phone: (+974) 4492 8220
Dr. Alan S. Weber is an Assistant Professor of Writing who teaches the first-year Writing Seminar in humanities in the Pre-medical Program at Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar (WCMC-Q). Dr. Weber previously taught literature, writing, and the history of science and medicine at Cornell University, Ithaca, The Pennsylvania State University, and Elmira College. His research interests include language, history, and the social and cultural dimensions of science and medicine. He is the editor of 19th Century Science (2000), and Because It's There: A Celebration of Mountaineering Literature (2001), and is the author of specialized publications on Shakespeare, women in medicine, and 17th century medicine. He is the Editor in Chief of the Middle Eastern Journal of English Studies.
- Weber, A.S. (2013). Youth Unemployment and Sustainable Development: Case Study of Qatar. Revista de Asistent‚ã Socialã, XII(1), 1-11.
- Kronfol, Z., Ghuloum, S. and A.S. Weber. (2013). Country in Focus: Qatar. Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 6(3), forthcoming.
- Weber, A.S. (2013). Review of Sustainable and Renewable Energy Activities in the State of Qatar. In Proceedings of IRSEC 2013. Ourzazate, Morocco: IEEE.
- Weber, A.S. (2012). What did Shakespeare Know About Copernicanism? Romanian Journal of English Studies, 9, 1-12.
- Weber, A.S. (2011). Folk Medicine in Oman. International Journal of Arts and Science, 4(23), 237-274.
- Weber, A.S. (2011). Expressive Arts Therapy in the Arabian Gulf: History and Future. Journal of Arts in Society, 6(5), 55-66.
- Weber, A.S. (2011). Learning Through Writing for Gulf Medical Students. In P. Davidson (Ed.), Proceedings of the 2011 TESOL Arabia Conference. Dubai: TESOL Arabia.
- Weber, A.S. (2011). American Education in the Arabian Gulf. Proceedings of the European Society for the Systemic Innovation of Education 2012. Leuven: ESSIE.