For the pre-award phase of an application, the office is responsible for the review, negotiation and approval of all extramural and intramural research and sponsored programs funding and related support. For the pre-award phase, the office provides the following support:
- Ensures that submissions comply with funding agency guidelines and institutional policies of Weill Medical College;
- Provides assistance with the completion of the application forms;
- Provides assistance with the planning and completion of the research budget;
- Secures sponsor clarifications when needed; and
- Works individually with submitting faculty members to ensure all application efforts are well coordinated and deadlines can be met.