In a pioneering international initiative, Cornell University and Weill Cornell Medicine established the Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q) through a unique partnership with the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development and has been in operation since 2002. WCM-Q seeks candidates for a postdoctoral associate position in Infectious Disease Epidemiology
The Infectious Disease Epidemiology Group (IDEG) at WCM-Q invites applications for a postdoctoral position in the area of the epidemiology of sexually transmitted infections.
IDEG is a renowned research group in infectious diseases epidemiology, and is at the forefront of infectious disease research internationally. IDEG research has been published in leading scientific journals and has been key in the formulation of public health policy at the international level. More details about our research are available at Infectious Disease Epidemiology Group
- Conduct systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses
- Perform a variety of other statistical analyses ranging from conventional analyses to complex and advanced ones. Manipulate, compute, and analyze data using statistical computer software and develop new analytical methods and testing procedures. Prepare and maintain detailed records, logs and summary reports of all data and statistical analysis charting
- Design epidemiologic studies
- Design study instruments and protocols
- Perform sample size calculations and power analyses
- Prepare drafts of research plans for grant applications
- Publish research findings in scientific journals and present them at major medical/scientific meetings
- Perform other job related duties as needed in relation to the conduct of epidemiological research.
- A Ph.D. degree in epidemiology, public health or a closely related field
- Experience in analytical and quantitative methods
- Working knowledge of the biology and epidemiology of infectious diseases, especially HIV and other sexually transmitted infections
- Experience with statistical data analysis and related packages, such as SPSS and R
WCM-Q is located in Education City, among other American universities, in Doha, Qatar, which is a rapidly growing research hub. The WCM-Q research program offers a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment, endowed with a comprehensive support infrastructure. Details regarding the WCM-Q research program and facilities can be accessed at Research.
The stipend offered is commensurate with experience. Fully furnished housing and a car allowance are also provided.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application, outlining their interest in the position, along with their curriculum vitae which should include the names and contact details of three referees, to
Positions are open until filled. Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.