Dr. Johannes Graumann joined Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar (WCM-Q) in January 2011 as Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Director of the Proteomics Core. Prior to coming to WCM-Q, he received postdoctoral training at the Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry in Martinsried, Germany, in the laboratory of Professor Matthias Mann (Department of Proteomics and Signal Transduction).
Dr. Graumann's research interests focus on proteomics and embryonic stem cells. His work centers on enhancing current proteomic strategies by intelligent mass spectrometric data acquisition based on real-time data analysis and its application to the field of embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells.
- Stoehr G, Schaab C, Graumann J, and Mann M. A SILAC-based approach identifies substrates of caspase-dependent cleavage upon TRAIL-induced apoptosis. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics.2013 Jan 13; [Epub ahead of print]
- O'Loghlen A, Muñoz-Cabello AM, Gaspar-Maia A, Wu H, Banito A, Kunowska N, Racek T, Pemberton HN, Beolchi P, Lavial F, Masui O, Vermeulen M, Carroll T, Graumann J, et al. MicroRNA Regulation of Cbx7 Mediates a Switch of Polycomb Orthologs during ESC Differentiation. Cell Stem Cell. 2012 Jan 6;10(1):33-46
- Graumann J, Scheltema RA, Zhang Y, Cox J Mann M. A framework for intelligent data acquisition and real-time database searching for shotgun proteomics. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics. 2011 Dec 13; [Epub ahead of print]
- Singhal N, Graumann J, Wu G, Arauzo-Bravo MJ, Han DW, Greber B, et al. Chromatin-remodeling components of the BAF complex facilitate reprogramming. Cell. 2010 Jun 11;141(6):943-55.
- Alexandru G, Graumann J, Smith GT, Kolawa NJ, Fang R, Deshaies RJ. UBXD7 binds multiple ubiquitin ligases and implicates p97 in HIF1alpha turnover. Cell. 2008 Sep 5;134(5):804-16.
- Graumann J, Hubner NC, Kim JB, Ko K, Moser M, Kumar C, et al. Stable isotope labeling by amino acids in cell culture (SILAC) and proteome quantitation of mouse embryonic stem cells to a depth of 5,111 proteins. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics. 2008 Apr;7(4):672-83.