- Add/Drop Clinical Courses
Fill out this form if you need to change the time of your clerkship assigned by your track.
Submit the completed form to the Office of the Registrar after getting all approvals. FAQ
- Foundation and Pre-medical Registration
Please refer to the student manual available on WCM-Q’s website. It is the student’s responsibility to comply with registration policies and deadlines. For cross registration forms refer to the section 'Cross University Registration' below.
- Medical School Credentialing
- Change of Name
If you wish to process a change of name you must submit a Change of Name form to the Office of the Registrar. You may obtain the form at the Office of the Registrar or download it here by clicking the 'Change of Name' link above. Submit the completed form to the Office of the Registrar.
- Complete Withdrawal from WCM-Q
If a student decides to withdraw from WCM-Q, with no intention of returning, they must submit the Complete Withdrawal from WCM-Q form to the Office of the Registrar. This form should be on file prior to the student’s departure. After the beginning of the seventh week, the notation “W” will be entered for the course(s) in which a student is registered. Please note that certain holds on a student’s account may prevent the release of academic records. It is the student’s responsibility to make certain all accounts are clear prior to departure.
- Consent & Release
It is possible that the Office of the Registrar may receive a request for information contained in a student’s academic record from a third party, such as parents, an embassy, or an educational establishment. In such a case, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is designed to protect the privacy of a student’s educational records. Under the Act, the Office of the Registrar may not release this information without the student’s written consent. Please complete the Consent and Release Form if you would like to release your academic records to a third party. Return the completed and signed form to the Office of the Registrar. You may revoke the Consent and Release form at any time by notifying the Office of the Registrar in writing.
- Course Withdrawal
Students may withdraw from a full semester course up to the seventh week of the semester. Students withdrawing from courses within the withdrawal period will automatically receive a grade of W, which has no effect on the student's grade point average. It is the student's responsibility to withdraw officially from a course. Failure to withdraw formally may result in failing grades.
- Cross University Registration
Cross University Registration Cross Registration Form for CMU Students
Cross university registration provides students with an opportunity to expand their academic experience by registering for courses at other Education City institutions. Students who are cross registered are subject to the academic regulations of the hosting institution.
- Elective Evaluation
In order for you to receive credit for any elective, an original, completed, white elective evaluation form signed and dated by the evaluator must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. We strongly recommend that you take the form with you. Present the form to your supervisor at the start of your elective experience and ask him/her to complete it and return it to you in a sealed envelope with his/her signature across the seal as soon as you complete the elective, so that you can bring it back with you when you return to WCM-Q. As many of you will be rotating in electives in the United States, do not forget to take a copy of this form with you when you travel. Be sure to get your evaluator to sign it and give it back to you when you finish your rotation.
All elective evaluation forms must include the following information:
Emergency Contact This form will be used only in the event of an emergency. It is important that the Emergency Contact Form remains current. Please notify the Office of the Registrar, in writing, of any changes.
- Your name
- The course code (ABCD.1234.01.NYP, etc.)
- The name of the elective
- The beginning and end date of the experience
- The location at which you did the elective.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THE ELECTIVE EVALUATIONS ARE ON FILE WITH THE OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR BY MAY 1 OF YOUR GRADUATION YEAR.
Independent Elective Application These are “customized” on-campus electives that are proposed by students and that require sponsorship by Weill Cornell faculty. Some examples of independent electives may include:
- Lengthening or shortening the duration of an existing elective. For example, RADI.8104.01.NYP – Introduction to Clinical Imaging is a four-week elective. If you were to receive the permission of the sponsor to shorten it to two weeks (minimum) or to increase a two-week elective to four weeks, you would be creating an independent elective.
- Independent research for which you have received approval of a sponsor.
- Working with a Weill Cornell sponsor on an elective topic that is not represented in the existing Electives Course Catalog.
Once you have obtained a sponsor for your desired Independent Elective, you must obtain the signatures of both that individual and the assistant dean for clinical curriculum on an Independent Elective application form. Please provide a brief descriptive title for your desired elective using the sort of wording that would come to the left of a colon if you were giving your course a journal-type title. The signed form must be on file with the Office of the Registrar 30 days before you begin your independent experience. It is your responsibility to deliver to your sponsor the required Elective Evaluation form with the entire top section filled out by you.
International Elective Application
In addition to the electives offered at WCM and Hamad Medical Corporation in Qatar you can select other electives. Note the following:
If you are approved to do an international elective, you must take an elective evaluation form with you when you go. Present the form to your supervisor at the start of your experience and ask him or her to complete it and return it to you in a sealed envelope with his/her signature across the seal as soon as you complete the elective, so that you can bring it back with you when you return to WCM-Q.
- International electives must be selected in consultation with the assistant dean for clinical curriculum and the associate dean for student affairs.
- Once you have decided where you would like to rotate, access the visiting student section of that institution’s website. You are responsible for following the application guidelines for the international institution and for submitting to the Office of the Registrar all paperwork required by both the international site and WCM-Q. At minimum, you should expect to do the following for every international elective to which you apply:
- Download/upload the international site’s application, health form(s), etc.
- Print out this International Elective form. The form must be signed by you, the assistant dean for clinical curriculum and the associate dean for student affairs. Your application cannot be processed until you submit the completed form.
- Complete your section of the international site’s application and hand-deliver the application and your International Elective form to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
- Take an Elective Evaluation with you when you travel abroad.
13. Postponing Graduation
- Student should discuss his/her graduation postponement with the student affairs counselor.
- Student will fill a request form that includes reasons, plan (personal LOA, research elective or clinical electives) and outline of proposed schedule.
- The counselor will meet with the student and pre-approve the request form.
- The student will submit the form to the Division of Medical Education and to the deans of Student Affairs to get their approvals.
- If approved, the student will complete an Add/Drop Clinical Courses form, and any other related forms to register for either an independent research elective, and/or an international elective.
- Also, if approved the registrar will change the student's record, class, expected graduation year, mailing list subscription, and process the add/drop form.
14. WCM-Q Health & Immunization Form
Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar is dedicated to providing medical care to its students through its affiliated hospital and health centers. All students must complete and submit the Health & Immunization form. The WCM-Q Health & Immunization form consists of:
- Consent and Release of Medical Records form
- Meningitis Information Response form
- Personal Medical & Mental Health History form
- Physical Examination form, signed & stamped by a licensed physician (performed within 12 months of entry)
- Immunization History form, signed & stamped by a licensed physician
- Copies of all laboratory results documenting titers (namely for measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B surface antibody)
- Copies of childhood immunization records and most recent immunizations should be attached to the Immunization History form as supporting documentation.