The Medical College is dedicated to providing medical care to its students through its affiliated hospital and health centers. All students must complete and submit the Health & Immunization Form. The WCM-Q Health & Immunization Form consists of:
- Add/Drop Clinical Courses
Fill this form if you need to change the time of your clerkship assigned by your track.
Submit to the Office of the Registrar after getting all approvals. FAQ
- Change of Name
If you wish to process a change of name you must submit a Change of Name form to the Office of the Registrar. You may obtain the form at the Office of the Registrar or download it here.
Submit the completed form to the Office of the Registrar.
- Complete Withdrawal from WCM-Q
If a student decides to withdraw from Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q), with no intention of returning they must submit the Complete Withdrawal from WCM-Q to the Office of the Registrar. This form should be on file prior to the student’s departure. After the beginning of the 7th week, the notation “W” will be entered for the course(s) in which a student is registered. Please note that certain holds on a student’s account may prevent the release of academic records. It is the student’s responsibility to make certain all accounts are clear prior to departure.
- Consent & Release
The Office of the Registrar may receive request for information contained in a student’s academic record from a third party, such as parents, embassy, or educational establishment. The Family Educational Rights and privacy Act (FERPA) is designed to protect the privacy of a student’s educational records. The Office of the Registrar may not release this information without the student’s written consent. Please complete the Consent and Release Form if you would like to release your academic records to a third party. Return the completed and signed form to the Office of the Registrar. You may revoke the Consent and Release form at any time by notifying the Office of the Registrar in writing.
- Course Withdrawal
Students may withdraw from a full semester course up to the seventh (7th) week of the semester. Students withdrawing from courses within the withdrawal period will automatically receive a grade of W, which has no effect on the student's grade point average. It is the student's responsibility to withdraw officially from a course. Failure to withdraw formally may result in failing grades.
- Cross University Registration
Cross University Registration Cross Registration Form for CMU Students
Cross University Registration provide students an opportunity to expand their academic experience by registering for courses at other Education City branch campuses. Students who are cross registered are subject to the academic regulations of the hosting campus.
- Elective Evaluation
In order for you to receive credit for any elective, an original, completed white elective evaluation form signed and dated by the evaluator must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. We strongly recommend that you take with you the form. Present the form to your supervisor at the start of your experience and ask him or her to complete it and return it to you in a sealed envelope with his/her signature across the seal as soon as you complete the elective, so that you may bring it back with you when you return to WCM-Q.
As many of you will be rotating in different electives in the States, don’t forget to take a copy of this form and get your evaluator to sign it and give it back to you when you finish your rotation.
All elective evaluation forms must include the following information:
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THE ELECTIVE EVALUATIONS ARE ON FILE WITH ME BY MAY 1 OF YOUR GRADUATION YEAR.
- your name,
- the course code (ABCD.1234.01.NYP, etc.)
- the name of the elective,
- the beginning and ending date of the experience,
- and the location at which you did the elective.
- Emergency Contact
This form will be used only in the event of an emergency. It is important that the Emergency Contact Form remain current. Please notify the Office of the Registrar, in writing, of any changes.
- Independent Elective Application
These are “customized” on-campus electives that are proposed by students and that require the sponsorship by Weill Cornell faculty. Some examples of independent electives may include:
- Lengthening or shortening the duration of an existing elective. For example, RADI.8104.01.NYP – Introduction to Clinical Imaging is a 4-week elective. If you were to receive the permission of the sponsor to shorten it to 2 weeks (minimum) or to increase it to 6 weeks, you would be creating an independent elective.
- Independent research for which you’ve received approval of a sponsor.
- Working with a Weill Cornell sponsor on an elective topic that is not represented in the existing Electives Course Catalog.
- Once you have obtained a sponsor for your desired Independent Elective, you must obtain the signatures of both that individual and Associate Dean for Medical Education on an Independent Elective application form. Please provide a brief, descriptive title for your experience- akin to the sort of wording that would come to the left of a colon if you were giving your course a journal-type title. The signed form must be on file with the Registrar 30 days before you begin your independent experience. It is your responsibility for delivering to your sponsor the required Elective Evaluation form with the entire top section filled out by you. returned to the Registrar at the completion of your experience.
- International Elective Application
In addition to the electives offered at WCM and Hamad Medical Corporation in Qatar you can select other electives.
- International electives must be selected in consultation with the Associate Dean for Medical Education and the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
- Once you have decided on where you would like to rotate, access the visiting student section of that institution’s website. You are responsible for following the application guidelines for the International institution and for submitting to Office of the Registrar all paperwork required by both the International site and WCM-Q. At minimum, you should expect to do the following for every International elective to which you apply:
- Download/upload the International site’s application, health form(s), etc.
- Print out this International Elective form. The form must be signed by you and Associate Dean for Medical Education and the Associate Dean for Student Affairs. Your application cannot be processed until you submit the completed form.
- Complete your section of the International site’s application and hand deliver the application and your International Elective form to Office of the Registrar for processing.
- Take an Elective Evaluation with you when you go Abroad!
If you are approved to do an International Elective, you must take with you an elective evaluation form. Present the form to your supervisor at the start of your experience and ask him or her to complete it and return it to you in a sealed envelope with his/her signature across the seal as soon as you complete the elective, so that you may bring it back with you when you return to WCM-Q.
Please refer to the student manual available on WCM-Q’s website. It is the student’s responsibility to comply with registration policies and deadlines. For cross registration forms refer to Cross University Registration.
- Medical School Credentialing
- Postponing Graduation
- Student request to postpone graduation to counselor at Student Affairs.
- Student will fill a request form that includes reasons, plan (Personal LOA, research elective or clinical electives) and outline of proposed schedule.
- The counselor will meet with the student and pre-approve the request form.
- The student will submit the form to the Medical Education and to Student Affairs Deans to get their approvals.
- If approved, the student will fill Add/Drop clinical courses form, and any related other forms to register for either independent research elective, and/or international elective.
- Also if approved the Registrar will change the student record, class, expected graduation year, mailing list subscription and process the add/drop form.
- WCM-Q Health & Immunization Form
- Consent and Release of Medical Records
- Meningitis Information Response Form
- Personal Medical & Mental Health History Form
- Physical Examination Form signed & stamped by a licensed physician (Performed within 12 months of entry)
- Immunization History Form signed & stamped by a licensed physician
- Copies of all laboratory results documenting titers (namely for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Hepatitis B Surface Antibody)
- Copies of childhood immunization records and most recent immunizations should be attached to the Immunization History Form as supporting documentation.