The following steps serve as a guideline to set up Microsoft Exchange email on an Android:
- If an existing Microsoft Exchange account exists on the device, delete the existing account.
- Go to
Applications > Email.
- The Email screen will open. Bring up the Settings menu and tap
- The Accounts screen will open. Press and hold the Exchange account until theMenu window opens.
- Confirm the deletion by tapping either
- From the
Applications menu, select
Email. This application may be named
Mail on someversions of Android.
- Type your full email address, for example, email@example.com, and your password, and then select
Exchange account. This option may be named
Exchange ActiveSync on someversions of Android.
- Enter the following account information, and then select
- Domain\Username: Type your full email address in this box.
Username are separate boxes in your version of Android, leave the
Domain box empty, and type your full email address in the
NOTE On some versions of Android, you must use the domain\username format. For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, type: WCMCQ\email@example.com. Your user name is your full email address.
- Password: Type the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server: type
- As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen opens. Theoptions available depend on your version of Android and may include the following:
- Email checking frequency: The default setting is Automatic (push). When you selectthis option, email messages are sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommendselecting this option only if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize: This is the amount of mail you want to keep on yourmobile phone. You can choose from several retention options, including One day,Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when email arrives: If you select this option, your mobile phone notifiesyou when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account: If you select this option, your contacts aresynchronized between your phone and your account.
Next, and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed whenyou send email.
Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
NOTE You may need to wait 10-to-15 minutes after you set up your account before youcan send or receive email.