Phone: (+974) 4492 8305
Dr. Triggle joined Weill Cornell Medicine in Qatar (WCM-Q) faculty in 2007 as Professor of Pharmacology in the Medical Education Division and served as the Assistant Dean for Admissions from August 2009 through February 2015. Dr. Triggle is actively and enthusiastically involved in contributing to the teaching, primarily, of pharmacology to 1st and 2nd Medical students. Dr. Triggle also contributes to the medical research program at WCM-Q where he maintains an active and collaborative research program in the area of vascular disease and diabetes with Dr. Hong Ding, WCM-Q, and also via international collaborations with Dr. Vanhoutte and Dr. Xu, University of Hong Kong; Dr. Dora and Dr. Garland, University of Oxford, UK; and Dr. Hollenberg, University of Calgary, Canada.
Dr. Triggle was born in London, England, and obtained a B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biological Sciences from the University of East Anglia and a Ph.D. in Pharmacology from the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada. He pursued postdoctoral studies in the Department of Biochemical Pharmacology, State University of New York in Buffalo. Dr. Triggle has held academic appointments in both Australia and Canada: the first Director of the Biotechnology Institute at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia; Head of the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Chair in Cardiovascular Research - Alberta Heart and Stroke Foundation, and Associate Dean Research Medicine at the University of Calgary, Canada. He held prior positions in Canada with Memorial University of Newfoundland as Professor of Pharmacology and Associate Dean Basic Medical Sciences, as well as with Ciba and Novartis.
- Gnanapragasam Arunachalam, Samson Mathews Samuel, Isra Marei, Hong Ding and Chris R. Triggle Metformin modulates hyperglycaemia-induced endothelial senescence and apoptosis through SIRT1 British J Pharmacology, 2014 Jan;171(2),523-535.
- El-Daly M, Saifeddine M, Mihara K, Ramachandran R, Triggle CR, Hollenberg MD. Proteinase-activated receptors 1 and 2 and the regulation of porcine coronary artery contractility: a role for distinct tyrosine kinase pathways. Br J Pharmacol. 2014 May;171(9):2413-25. doi: 10.1111/bph.12593.
- Liang Q, Zhong L, Zhang J, Wang Y, Bornstein SR, Triggle CR, Ding H, Lam KS, Xu A. FGF21 Maintains Glucose Homeostasis by Mediating the Cross Talk Between Liver and Brain During Prolonged Fasting. Diabetes. 2014; 63(12): 4064-75. doi: 10.2337/db14-0541. Epub 2014 Jul 14.
- Chris R. Triggle and Hong Ding Cardiovascular impact of drugs used in the treatment of diabetes. Therapeutic Advances in Chronic Disease. 2014;5(6):245-68. doi: 10.1177/2040622314546125
- Arunachalam G., Upadhyay R., Ding H., Triggle CR. MicroRNA signature and cardiovascular dysfunction. J Cardiovascular Pharmacology 2015; 65(5):419-29. doi: 10.1097/FJC.0000000000000178.
- Zhuofeng Lin, Xuebo Pan, Fan Wu, Dewei Ye, Yi Zhang, Yu Wang, Leigang Jin, Qizhou Lian, Yu Huang, Hong Ding, Chris Triggle, Kai Wang, Xiaokun Li, and Aimin Xu. Fibroblast growth factor 21 Prevents Atherosclerosis by Suppression of Hepatic Sterol regulatory Element-Binding Protein-2 and Induction of Adiponectin in Mice. Circulation 2015;131(21):1861-71. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.115.015308. Epub 2015 Mar 20.
- Kinaan M., Ding H., Triggle C. An Old Drug for the Treatment of Diabetes, but New as a Drug for the Protection of the Endothelium. Medical Principles and Practice. Invited Review. 2015;24(5):401-15. doi: 10.1159/000381643. Epub 2015 May 28.
- Triggle CR. The answer is not 42. Biochemical Pharmacol. 2015; 98(2):327-334. doi: 10.1016/j.bcp.2015.06.029. Epub 2015 Jul 23.
- Triggle CR, Williams M. Challenges in the Biomedical Research Enterprise in the 21st century: Antecedents in the writings of David Triggle. Biochem Pharmacol. 2015; 98(2):342-59. doi: 10.1016/j.bcp.2015.08.089. Epub 2015 Aug 14.
- Ghosh S, Lakhsmanan AP, Mu Ji Hwang Mu J, Kubba H, Ahmed Mushannen A, Triggle CR, Ding H. Metformin improves endothelial function in aortic tissue and microvascular endothelial cells subjected to diabetic hyperglycaemic conditions. Biochemical Pharmacology. 2015; 98(3):412-21. doi: 10.1016/j.bcp.2015.10.008. Epub 2015 Oct 20.
- Arunachalam G, Lakshmanan AP, Samuel SM, Triggle CR, Ding H. Molecular interplay between microRNA-34a and sirtuin1 in hyperglycaemia-mediated impaired angiogenesis in endothelial cells: Effects of metformin. J. Pharmacol. Exp Ther. 2016; 356(2):314-23. doi: 10.1124/jpet.115.226894. Epub 2015 Nov 18.